Monday, August 29, 2011

Movin' on up! 281 Days, $1,885 to go!



Hello friends and family!

Today marks 281 days until Africa! I am getting really excited about it! I have raised $615 so far and I'm feeling really good about everything! I just have $1,885 to go! Lacey and I are having a Garage Sale in Round Rock on October 15th if you would like to donate your unused items or come shop our great finds! :)

The Flip Flop Ministry is going great! We have around 200 pairs from infant to XL Adult! We are still taking donations of new flip flops so please let me know if you have any that you would like to send our way! You should be able to catch them on sale this time of year! We are still in need of donations for the extra baggage fee so we can get them there. If you feel led to help with that you can donate a dollar or two to the paypal button on the right side of the screen under the thermometor!

I have decided to take tshirts that have special meaning to me with me on my trip and wear them throughout my journey. I will be taking all of my Battle4aCure shirts, my Sevenly shirts, my Team Ethan shirt, my Team Caden Monster shirt, my Mission:Love Africa shirts and any other shirts that I come across in the next 281 days. I will be traveling/in Africa for 2 weeks so I'm excited to 'take everyone with me' on this journey. :)  I know that it will mean a lot to some of those people as well.

Speaking of Mission:Love Africa shirts...I'm running out of some sizes, so if you plan to get one you may want to do it ASAP! They are still $12 for the month of August then I will probably raise them to $15.

I hope that everyone is doing well! Please keep our team in your prayers! Raising money is really hard, we want it so bad that we're doing whatever it takes to get to Africa. Our team really needs your prayers as they raise money and prepare for their trip (I know I sure do!).  :)

Thank you for checking in!
I love you all!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment