Thursday, September 29, 2011

250 Days and $780 To Go!



The countdown continues, only 250 days to go! I'm getting close to reaching my goal, I'm only short $780!

I want to take a moment to thank everyone who has purchased a tshirt to help fund my trip! You are all wonderful and I cant thank you enough! I wish I could name you all individually, but that would be a LONG blog! lol So THANK YOU a million times over, I appreicate each and every one of you!
If you haven't purchased a shirt, I STILL have some and I would LOVE to sell them all! :)

I also want to thank those of you who have given generous donations to help support my trip:
*Jonathan Marquez, my brother from another mother, THANK YOU for always supporting everything that I do! Your heart is SO BIG and I am SO PROUD to call you a friend! I love you, buddy!
*Steven & Kelly Branch, you are both extraordinary people! I am so blessed to have such an amazing support system! THANK YOU so much for believing in me and funding my trip! I will never be able to repay you for your generosity!
*Bill & Ruth Bartlett, you two have to be the most generous and loving people on the face of the earth! I appreciate your donation to help get the flip flops to Africa! I cant thank you enough for everything that you have done to help me and Beau! We absolutely adore you! THANK YOU!!

I also want to thank everyone who has donated Flip Flops to send to the kids! I'm going to try to name you all, please let me know if I forget anyone!
Jessica Camarillo- You're a saint! You gave over 100 flip flops and I cant wait to show you pictures from my trip!
Mars (my sister)
Mom
Tiffany Burgess
Jane Bartlett
Yvette Wright
Kerrie McCullough
Traci McClead

I know more are on the way from Emersyn Harris, John Gavin (from Tiddies Sandles) and Makayla Lewis as well!
Keep them coming!! We are almost to 200 Pairs!!!

I appreciate all of your support!

Please don't forget about mine and Lacey's Yard Sale on October 15th in Round Rock! We have A LOT of great stuff! If you have anything you would like to donate please contact us!

I also wanted to share a link with you- This is a fellow Austinite that will be spending one month in Peru (I'm SO jealous)! He is chronicling his month long volunteer effort in Peru to help the destitute and sick Peruvian children and raise donations http://austintoperu.blogspot.com/! He also has a facebook page if you'd like to stop by and see what he's up to!

So I leave you with this quote by Mother Teresa (because we should all strive to be more like her in my opinion!)

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop."

Stay Blessed,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment