Thursday, May 17, 2012

17 Days To Go! All My Bags Are Packed....Sort of...


You've all heard the song....sing it with me now:
"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing here outside your door, I hate to wake you up to say GOOOOODBYE......"

This masterpiece has been stuck inside my head for the past few days. I'm working on packing, but it's SO hard to finish. I've got all of the flip flops and medical supplies that I can fit, I have to squeeze my clothes in my carry on and my other junk on top of the mountain in my other bag-----and then pray that every bag is under 50lbs.

In other news, all of our team is bursting at the seams and we can no longer accept donations- this is a GREAT thing! The polka dot bag you see in the picture has literally busted a seam- thank goodness it's just around a piece of wire, so I think it's going to make it; it won't be coming back though.

I know that quite a few of you wanted to donate more supplies, so I can only offer this solution: If you donate on the paypal link before May 29th, I can get it transfered and withdrawn from my account in time for the trip. Money will go to buy supplies and food (for citizens, not our team) as needed during our time there.

I appreciate all of your continued love and support! When I found out that I needed more money for the trip, you guys came through and donated it in a matter of days! I'm so grateful that God gave you a giving heart! You're all wonderful people! I can't wait to share my photos and experiences with you when I return!!

Love to all,
Amanda


For God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of love and of power and a strong mind. -- 2nd Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment